Labels

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Great Dinosaur Books

This is a subject with endless possibilities, there are a TON of dino books out there. But these were our favorites.

How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
This was the only one of the series that my library had available during our Dino week, and good thing too or else I would have had a very hard time deciding between them, I might have even just cleared them out! We have enjoyed How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? before and I am seriously considering the whole series for our home collection.


Dinosaur, Dinosaur by Kevin Lewis
This book had a pleasant rhythm and rhyme but the great details in the illustrations are what was memorable for me in the end. My husband and I found ourselves constantly asking each other "Did you notice...?"



Dinosaur! by Peter Sis
Even though Dinosaur! is wordless, and has the most simple of pencil drawings, it is able to take its readers on a romping adventure of the imagination. Very very enjoyable read, and I've added Peter Sis to my "keep an eye out" list.



Dinosaur Roar! by Paul and Henrietta Stickland
Short and swinging verses, coupled with light and bright watercolors of happy-go-lucky dinosaurs. I picked up this board book for Mal but in the end we all enjoyed it.


Time Flies by Eric Rohmann
Another wordless book, but with breathtaking illustrations, all double spread oil paintings. I found myself flipping thru it, long after the boys had gone to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment