Labels

Friday, November 5, 2010

Bug Stories and Songs

The Bumblebee Song
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee (cup hands)
Wont my mommy be so proud of me
Oh I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee
Ouch! He stung me! (take hands apart in shock)

I'm smashing up a baby bumblebee (clap hands)
Wont my mommy be so proud of me
Oh I'm smashing up a baby bumblebee
Yuck! I'm all sticky! (look at hands in disgust)

I'm licking off a baby bumblebee (pretend to lick hands)
Wont my mommy be so proud of me
Oh I'm licking off a baby bumblbee
Ew! He tastes yucky! (make a face)

I'm washing off a baby bumblebee (rub hands)
Wont my mommy be so proud of me
Oh I'm washing off a baby bumblebee
Look! All clean! (show hands)

Bee Hive
This is my beehive (fist)
But where are all my bees?
Hiding inside where nobody sees
One, two, three, four five (hold up fingers)
Off they go, up into the trees

Catterpillar
There was a little caterpillar crawling all about (walk fingers on arm)
He worked and he worked without a doubt
Wrapping himself in a snug cocoon (wrap other hand around fingers)
Waiting and waiting, will it be soon?
Look, he's coming out, oh my! (raise arms in excitement)
Now he's become a beautiful butterfly! (flap hands like wings)

The Ants Go Marching
The ants go marching one by one hurrah! hurrah!
The ants go marching one by one hurrah! hurrah!
The ants go marching one by one, the little one stops to suck his thumb
And they all go marching down
To the ground
To get out
Of the rain
Boom boom boom

two by two- the little one stops to tie his shoe
three by three- the little one falls and skins his knee
four by four- the little one stops to shut the door
five by five- the little one stops to say goodbye



No comments:

Post a Comment